Welcome to the Waypoint Employee Self-Serve Portal
COVID Update and Outbreak Status
March 3 2021 - COVID-19 Outbreak Declared Over at Waypoint
Feb 11 2021 - Horizon Program Update
Feb 10 2021- Important 2nd Dosage Vaccine Info
Feb 8 2021
Feb 1 2021
Jan 30 2021
Jan 29 2021
These are extraordinary times and Waypoint is committed to transparency and communication with the community that we serve. We are closely monitoring the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation and taking immediate precautions to ensure that patients and staff are safe and to preserve essential medical supplies and equipment.
Like all hospitals, Waypoint has extensive and detailed procedures in place for infection prevention and control. These are designed to ensure the health and safety of our staff, the community and those within our care.
Waypoint is working closely with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit on reporting, surveillance and infection control policies and procedures. Our staff continually monitors and follows the Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) recommendations from Public Health as they are updated, including screening and use of personal protective equipment. For updated information, please visit our website at www.waypointcentre.ca/news___events/around_waypoint/how_waypoint_is_responding_to_c_o_v_i_d-19
Due to an increase in COVID-19 cases regionally and provincially, and in line with our partner hospitals, in-person visits are not permitted at this time. Some exceptions apply for essential visitors and end of life or palliative circumstances.
Our team has been working diligently to increase access to virtual visits. For more information, please see ‘Visiting a patient’ on our website or call the hospital at 705.549.3181 or 1.877.341.4729.
Infection Control Measures
- A well-established infection prevention and control team with experience in the successful management of outbreaks
- Screening everyone for the symptoms of illness
- Isolating and testing all new admissions
- Use of virtual technology and telephone for outpatient and community visits
- Adhering to public health guidelines and recommendations on the use of personal protective equipment, hand hygiene and physical distancing
- Enhanced housekeeping in all our buildings
- Creation of a unit dedicated to the care of suspected or positive cases of COVID-19
- Enabling staff to work from home to reduce traffic in and out of the hospital
- Regular communication with staff, patients, families, stakeholders, partners and donors
PPE Use at the Hospital
With an increase in cases, outbreaks and now the new variant present at our hospital, we must make every effort to protect each other and our patients by properly wearing appropriate PPE.
Baseline PPE requirement to enter Waypoint and Non-Clinical common Areas:
- Waypoint issued surgical mask. Home-made or external masks are not permitted.
Clinical Programs (NON-COVID):
- Surgical mask
- Additional PPE is required based on the nature of the expected interactions
- Contact/droplet PPE at all times
Clinical Programs in Outbreak:
- Contact/droplet PPE at all times
- Public Health Ontario continues to recommend Droplet and Contact Precautions for the routine care of patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19. However, to provide additional support, staff working on the Horizon Program staff have been provided with an N95 respirator or elastomeric mask if requested.
- Please review the January 22, 2021 Memo re: Point of Care Risk Assessment for PPE Use
We are pleased to be accepting deliveries for patients and reintroduce some online deliveries. Deliveries are no longer require a four day quarantine.
Due to COVID-19 all-volunteer programs are temporarily suspended. We are not accepting and/or processing new volunteer applications until volunteer operations resume. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit Letter to Waypoint Centre
Staff Communication- Provision of Care Requirements
Resources on COVID-19
Working from Home
Clinical, Quality & Research
- CNO Membership Renewal 2021. The CNO launched its membership renewal notification on November 11, 2020. The deadline to pay this fee is Thursday December 31, 2020. A $100.00 late fee will be applied if you choose to renew after that date. Notice to suspend letters will be mailed by the CNO to members who have not renewed on Thursday January 14, 2021. Memberships will be suspended for those who have not completed renewal on Wednesday February 17, 2021. Memberships will expire for those members who have not completed their renewal on Friday March 19, 2021. For access to the CNO website please use this link.
Health, Safety & Security
Horizon Elevators- Staff are NOT to be using the Horizon elevator for entering and exiting the Bayfield building. Staff are to continue with utilizing the stairs as a access point to the Program. The elevator is to be utilized for dietary, housekeeping, transporting and emergency only. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Jackie Watt Program Director or JoAnn Pelletier-Bressette Clinical Manager directly. I do appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
- Seeking Updates on Active Code(s)?
- February Safe & Well Newsletter- Hazard Reporting & IRS
Psychological Health, Safety & Wellness
Having problems using this site?
For questions on how to log in to and use the system, please contact the Employee Self-Serve Administrator, Jillian Le Gros, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The Employee Self-Serve Administrator backup is Waypoint IT Service Desk @ 4636 or email@example.com